STACY CONSTRUCTION INC. LIMITED HOME WARRANTY
(ONE YEAR IN HOUSE STANDARD WARRANTY WITH A 3 YEAR EXPANDED WARRANTY)
TERMS OF THE VARIOUS COVERAGE OF THIS WARRANTY BEGIN ON THE DATE ON WHICH YOUR HOME IS DEEDED TO YOU.
The date is referred to in this limited warranty as the “closing”. Consequential and incidental damages are excluded, and duration of implied warranties has limitations.
- Coverage – We warrant that: For a period of 1 year after closing, the floors, ceilings, walls and other internal structural components of the home that are not covered by other portions of this limited warranty will be free of defects in materials or workmanship. For a period of 1 year after closing, the plumbing, heating, and electric wiring systems will be free of defects in materials or workmanship. After closing, the following items will be free of defects in materials or workmanship: doors (including hardware), windows, jalousies, electric switches, receptacles, and fixtures, caulking around exterior openings, plumbing fixtures, and cabinetwork for a period of 60 days.
- Manufacturer’s warranties – We assign and pass through to you the manufactures warranties on all appliances and equipment. The following are examples of such appliances and equipment, though not every home includes all these items and some homes may include appliances or equipment not on this list: refrigerator, range, washing machine, dishwasher, garbage disposal, ventilating fans, air conditioner, heating system.
- Exclusions from coverage: We do not assume responsibility for any of the following, all of which are excluded from the coverage of this Limited Warranty.
- Any appliance, piece of equipment, or any other item in the home, which is a ‘consumer product’ for purposes of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (15 U.D.C. Sec. 2301 through 2312). The following are examples of ‘consumer products’, but other items in the home also may be consumer products: refrigerators, clothes washer and dryer, furnace, central air conditioning compressor, trash compactor, range, dishwasher, thermostat, garbage disposal, water softener. (We have assigned these manufacturers’ warranties to you, and you should follow the procedures in these warranties.)
- Damage caused by ordinary wear and tear, abusive use, or lack of proper maintenance of your home.
- Defects that are the result of characteristics common to the materials used, such as (but not limited to) warping and deflection of wood, fading, chalking, and checking of paint resulting from drying and curing of concrete, stucco, plaster, bricks, and masonry, drying, shrinking and cracking of caulking and weather-stripping.
- Defects in items installed by you or anyone else except us, or (if requested by us) our subcontractors.
- Work done by you or anyone else except us or (if requested by us) or our subcontractors.
- Loss or injury due to the elements.
- Conditions resulting from condensation on, or expansion or contraction of materials.
- Paint applied over newly plastered interior walls.
- Consequential or incidental damages.
- Any form of mildew or mold that occurs naturally on wood or any other means through ground or air.
- No Other Warranties: This limited warranty is the only express warranty we give. Implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and habitability, are limited to the warranty periods set forth above. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other legal rights.
- Claims Procedure: If a defect appears, which you think is covered by this limited warranty, you must write a letter to our office at the address appearing on the bottom of this limited warranty. You must tell us in you letter what times during the day you will be at home, so that we can schedule service calls appropriately. If delay will cause extra damage (i.e. pipe burst) telephone us.
- Repairs: Upon receipt of your written report of a defect, if the defective item is covered by this limited warranty, we well repair or replace it at no charge to you, within 60 days (longer if weather conditions, labor problems, or material shortages cause delays.) Work will be performed by us or subcontractors chosen by us. The choice between repair and replacement is ours.
- Not Transferable: This limited warranty is extended to you only if you are the first purchaser of the home. When the first purchaser sells the home or moves out of it, this limited warranty automatically terminates.